I began this site to share information with others – it seemed wasteful to build up and acquire knowledge and then lose it as I moved to other client sites. I had a small gap between contracts and finally started what I had been meaning to do for a long time. I welcome articles being submitted to the site, credit and links will be given. However, there are a few guidelines I would like adhering to :
- Articles must be about software performance – Load Testing, TCP/IP, scalability, DB’s, CDN’s, software architecture, Capacity, clever algorithms – Anything, .
- Articles should be useful to others – the primarily aim of this site is to impart useful information to others
- Submit articles that are your own work
- If you are not used to writing then its best to write about something you are currently doing, its also the world of blogging – so writing should be short, informal and succinct (300-500 words is ideal).
- Do not submit articles that are direct plugs for companies or products. Indirect OK.
- Opinons are welcome and can conflict with other writers opinions – it keeps the site honest.
- Articles should be easy to follow – not a piece of art that reads well and contains little content.
Contributions are especially welcome if:.
- You are a test tool expert and wish to submit articles on your field – tutorials are good
- You have built some great routines/code around a tool and wish to share e.g. Shell scripts for capturing CPU stats or any concrete code examples are good e.g. Transaction coding in Loadrunner
- You have a question you wish to be answered.
- You have a tip or trick you wish to write about
- You have seen something interesting in the news you wish to comment about
Benefits Of Submitting Performance Articles
- Become famous! Well, not that famous – but become more known within the circle you populate.
- Regular contributors are approached about freelance work, particularly if they specialise in an area.
- Nothing bad happens – only good.
- That problem you cleverly solved – but no-one in your immediate circle appreciated, put it out there – immortalise it, share and get some adulation