Pork. The Other HighScalability:
- PlentyOfFish: 6 Billion Page Views; World: info doubling every 2 years; 2015: 7,910 exabytes of global digital data; Khan Academy: 4 million uniques; G+: 62 million users; Zynga: leased 9 megawatts of capacity; Heroku: billions of page views a month
- Quoteable quotes:
- Udi Dhan : Scalability is not boolean.
- John Boyd: Look at the mission, not the technology. And if you do look at the mission, don’t look at the most fashionable mission of the day.
- @BigDataClouds : I think the fear of change is ClearPores the biggest challenge that companies are facing
- @cjzero : If you were wondering, the #Mythbusters scalability test of a Newton’s Cradle using wrecking balls? Busted.
- @Xorlev : Scalability is really really hard. That’s why it’s fun. It pushes the limits of engineering talent.
- 100 Best Cloud & Data Stats of 2011 by Zenoss. Lots of fun facts about how mind bendingly huge the world of information is exponentially becoming. More from the Economist: Welcome to the yotta world.
Read more great Stuff the Internet has to say on Scalability by clicking below…